Monday 4 August 2014

Goodbye MTC, Hello Connecticut!

Sister Barrett has officially entered the mission field! She is serving in the Norwich Ward, Providence Stake in Connecticut. Here is her email for this week.

"I'm having an amazing time here! My trainer is Sister Blair and she's from..guess where..UTAH!! She's amazing! I learn a lot from her. We have a lot of investigators to teach here so we're incredibly busy all the time! But that's a great way to be..I wouldn't have it any other way! This mission is very different to all other missions. It's all about member/missionary work. We work closely with the members and we ALWAYS have to have a member with us when we teach investigators. It's so important for the investigators to have friends in the church so that when we leave, they won't be totally lost without us.

The Norwich ward is awesome! It's full of crazies..just like the Terenure ward! But that's what makes it so great. And there's a lot of solid members here who are happy to work with us.

Saying goodbye to Sister Jessop and Sister Zickella was SO hard! They're both in Massachusetts and I'm in Connecticut. I cried a lot when we were saying goodbye! We just became best friends in the MTC! But I'm so glad we're in the same mission so we'll still see each other.

My birthday in the MTC was the BEST thing EVER!! My district sang Happy Birthday to me...IN IRISH! I taught them how to say it! It was amazing!


In the Provo train station with Sister Zickella and Sister Jessop, "looking fab as always!"


Sisters Barrett, Zickella and Jessop with their trainers.

Anyway, we're going to Rhode Island for P-day. We're visiting Taylor Swift's house...I'm not even joking! I love you all and I just want you all to know that I'm so happy here and I love being a missionary!"

Now that Sister Barrett is in the field you can email her at her ldsmail account or write to her at her mission home address. 'Til next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment