Monday 25 May 2015

Move to Avon!

Hey Everyone!!!

This week has been super amazing and crazy!

This email is going to be shorter than usual because today has been crazy, so I don't have a lot of time, but I do love you all!

So I said goodbye to Greenfield, and hello to Avon, CT this week! It was super sad to say goodbye to everyone in Greenfield. That place is my home, but I know that I'm here in Avon for a reason, and I'm excited to be here!

So, my new companion,Sister Hansen is AWESOME!!! She's from Provo, Utah of course! My 3rd companion from Utah! WOOO!! She's seriously the greatest though.

My Zone is also awesome. The Hartford Zone is everything I dreamed and more. We have the ghetto of ghettos here, right in the centre of Hartford, and we also have the richest of the rich here in Avon. Best of both worlds!

So we had a baptism on Saturday! Surprise! It was so awesome! The woman who got baptised, her name is Gloria and she is so awesome! She did it all this weekend. She got baptised, conformed, AND went to the Temple today to do baptisms...hence why I'm emailing later today :)

Sister Hansen, Gloria and I at her baptism.

Today at the temple with Sister Harris!

So we have a crazy couple of days coming up in the mission....especially Saturday! So this Saturday, Elder Holland is coming to the mission to have a special Mission Leadership Council with all of the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders. I have to say the opening prayer, and I'm just about dying. I'm so terrified. It'll be great though. I'm sure of it. We're having a "Questions and Answers" session with him so it'll really be amazing. I'm super excited and super terrified at the same time. JEFFREY R. HOLLAND!

Okay well, I love you all so much! I hope you have the most amazing week EVER!

Love,
Sister Rebekah Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment