Monday 18 January 2016

Enjoy to the End!

Hey everyone!

Well, this week was absolutely fantastic! It was seriously a week full of miracles!

We found 5 new investigators! It was crazy!

So first of all we have Vini and Luciane. They are a Brazilian couple. We found their names in our area book so we just called them and asked if we could come over to teach them. They said yes! So we went there on Tuesday and we taught them the Restoration. It was amazing and the spirit was so strong. Also, they invited us to stay for dinner! Good thing we didn't have a dinner appointment that day! They are the sweetest people! We're going to see them again this Wednesday! We are pumped!

On Thursday we met Vicky. She's Brazilian also. We got in contact with her through the AP's! The AP's went to Subway, where she works and they talked to her there and she said she was interested, so they got her number and sent it to us! So we went over there on Thursday and she is a sweetheart! She's really prepared for the gospel! She just got married recently and they have a little boy! We're so excited to teach her!

It snowed this week!
Then we have a new Digital investigator! Her name is Fernanda and she is from....Brazil!!!! We committed her to read 3 Nephi 11 this week. She was really excited about it. It's the perfect chapter to read. It's all about Jesus Christ :)

Then on Saturday we went to see one of our investigators, Selma. We taught her the restoration, and we also invited her son to join in the lesson. His name is Vinny. He's 12 years old. We had a great lesson with them and we invited Vinny to pray at the end. He prayed and it was so sweet! There are SO many people ready to receive the gospel here in Marlborough!

The Lord is opening the windows, doors, the garage of Heaven! Everything! Miracles are happening here!

On Friday I hit my 18 month mark! It was a crazy time. I can't believe it's been 18 months. It has been the most fulfilling 18 months ever. I'm so grateful for my mission and everything I have learned, and everything I have yet to learn. This is a really sacred time and I feel so blessed.

I had to get rid of a pair of boots this week. #missionarylife


On Saturday we went to a member's house to have lunch. She's one of the members from the Portuguese group. She made a classic Brazilian dish..feijoada. But she put a little something extra in there. It had orelha de porco in it...that's pig's ear. We all tried it because we had to have that experience! It's safe to say that I'll never eat pig's ear ever again. It wasn't pleasant.

Orelha de porco!
Eating pig's ear!
I made Banana bread this morning. I do all the cooking between the 3 of us :P I've become quite good in the aul' kitchen :P I LOVE to cook! I make a wicked omelette! ;)

My banana bread!

When I was making an omlette, this is how the eggs looked when I cracked them into the bowl. #smile
Yesterday we had interviews with President Miller. It was great to chat with him about the work in Marlborough. I love asking him for advice about the areas where I serve. He always knows how to help! He is an inspired man. 

I love being a missionary so much! "The end is not yet, but is nigh at hand". I'm excited to keep working hard till the end. I'm enjoying every moment and not wasting a second :)

I love you all so much! I hope you all have a fantastic week :)

Love always,
Sister Rebekah Barrett 

No comments:

Post a Comment